Pitta is full of vitality and those who tend towards it, are charming and charismatic, with a love of attention; in fact, they are great fun to be around as they are so dynamic and colourful. They’re also sharp-witted, able speakers and good decision makers – especially when in balance – but when they’re not, watch out; they can have a sharp tongue and be quick to temper, as their internal heat rises.
Our "Pitta Balancing" oil, is therefore the perfect blend of cooling oils, to refresh the body, calm the mind and soothe irritable skin often associated with Pitta out of balance. You can also try and calm Pitta excess by not skipping meals, and favouring ‘cooler’ foods, as well as spending time laughing every day and getting out and about amongst the natural world
- 100% natural origin
- Made from pure essential oil, 10ml
Chamomile oil helps in reducing stress, digestive complaints, anxiety & depression reduction and skin irritation. It is also commonly used in herb form as a tea to aid with sleep quality.
Lemongrass powerful aroma helps in increasing mental acuity and relaxes the mind. It is also antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, may help reduce the risk of cancer, promotes healthy digestion (when used as a loose leaf tea, not as an essential oil), helps lower HPB, may relieve symptoms of PMS.
Peppermint oil deodorizes the environment leaving the trail of a fresh, cheerful scent; while it also deodorizes the body, leaving you feeling uplifted and energised. It is also recognised as an aid for IBS when used for abdomen massage offering anti-inflammatory effects and decreasing painful sensations in the GI tract.
Sandalwood's earthy aroma helps in calming the senses, deeply relaxing the mind. It also triggers a mild increase in blood oxygen saturation, blood pressure, breathing rate, eye-blink rate, pulse rate, and skin temperature. Sandalwood also aroma revs up your skin's natural healing abilities.
- Dilute upto 10 drops of essential oil with 30 ml of carrier oil for body massage after a short shower to open the pores, and help rid the body of excesss heat.
- Add to tepid bath water.
- Diffuse 3-4 drops in a diffuser for aroma.
- Add a few drops to a handkerchief to smell throughout the day as you feel your internal 'heat' rising
Pitta out of balance my also experience some of the following symptoms:
- red, inflamed rash, acne, cold sores
- acute inflammation in body or joints
- acid reflux, gastric or peptic ulcers, heartburn
- nausea or discomfort upon missing meals
- loose stools
- an uncomfortable feeling of heat in the body
- frustration, anger, irritability
- judgment, impatience, criticism, intolerance
- red, inflamed, or light-sensitive eyes
- excessive perfectionist tendencies
Refresh | Pitta | Essential Oil
Anthemis nobilis (Chamomile) oil, Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) oil, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil, Santalum album (Sandalwood) oil.