Tea Tree Oil
Clean tea tree essential oil is extracted through steam distillation of twigs and leaves of the tea tree, offers a warming property, and is also fresh and spicy - great to balance Vata dosha!
Commonly used for cleaning, our tea tree (also known as melaleuca) oil has invigorating, refreshing and antibacterial properties, which can be diluted as water for a surface or room spray.
Tea tree oil is also known to treat acne, athlete's foot, lice, nail fungus, insect bites and eczema.
- 100% natural ingredients.
- Made from pure essential oil, 10ml
Tea Tree oil has invigorating, refreshing and antiseptic properties as above, and is often used for skin conditions and cleaning.
Research on tea tree oil use for specific conditions shows:
- Acne. Research suggests that a treatment gel containing tea tree oil might be effective at relieving acne.
- Dandruff. A tea tree oil shampoo used for four weeks has been shown to be effective at treating dandruff.
- Athlete's foot. A tea tree oil cream, applied twice daily for one month, has been shown to be effective in relieving symptoms of athlete's foot.
- Lice. When used in combination with lavender oil, tea tree oil has been shown to be effective at treating lice eggs.
- Nail fungus. Research hasn't shown tea tree oil used in its pure form or in combination with other antifungal therapies to be effective in treating toenail fungus.
- Dilute upto 10 drops of essential oil with 30 ml of carrier oil for body massage.
- Add to bath water.
- Diffuse 3-4 drops in a diffuser for aroma.
Clean | Tea Tree | Essential Oil
Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree)